I recently purchased an Apple Watch. I had been waiting for the Apple Watch Series 2, but Best Buy had such a great deal on the first-generation Apple Watch that I couldn’t resist. Although the new features (faster process0r, brighter display, waterproof, built in GPS) certainly make the Series 2 a better watch, I wasn’t willing to pay that much extra. I just didn’t want to spend over $400 on a watch.
It’s replaced my Fitbit Charge HR, and I’ve appreciated the extra functionality.
After a week, here are my highlights:
- Use as a watch [including a variety of optons for watch faces]
- Convenience for reading/ responding to texts and calls
- Monitoring and alerts for activity measures (move, exercise, and stand goals)
- Quick access to basic apps (Twitter, Instagram, ESPN, etc.)
- Option for pinging iPhone
It wasn’t as great of a deal as only paying $1 for my iPhone 6S, but it’s been worth the purchase. Definitely not a necessary tech device, but I enjoy having it.